Day 1: Sai Gon
Upon your arrival at Saigon airport look for our driver and guide who will be waiting for you with a sign bearing your name. The journey from the airport to your hotel will take approximately half an hour and is an entertaining experience full of chaotic traffic and millions of motorbikes.
Overnight in Sai Gon.
Day 2: Sai Gon city tour – Cu Chi tunnels (B/L)
You will be met at your hotel at 8.00am by guide for a morning walking tour through the heart of Saigon’s famous and historic city landmarks including Dong Khoi Street (formerly Rue Catinat), the Rex Hotel, Municipal Theatre, Hotel de Ville and Notre Dame Cathedral. You will then join your vehicle and drive to the site of the former US Embassy (now the US consulate) before visiting the impressive Re-Unification Palace and War Remnants Museum.
After lunch, you will take the journey west from Ho Chi Minh City to Cu Chi. On arrival you will be guided through the famous tunnels used by the communist guerrillas during the Vietnam War. The tunnel network stretches over 250km and extends to three levels underground providing you with a remarkable insight into the hardships, courage, determination and terror of a guerrilla war. You will return to your hotel at approximately 6.00pm. Evening free as your leisure.
Overnight in Sai Gon.
Day 3: Sai Gon – Long Tan – Nui Dat (B/L)
This morning at 8.00am you will be met at your hotel for the 2 hour drive to the town of Ba Ria, approximately 25km from Vung Tau. From there, drive the short distance to the former Australian base at Nui Dat. Also visit Long Tan, the ‘Horseshoe’ and drive through the Long Hai hills. Continue onto the coastal resort town of Vung Tau. Visit to the ‘White Villa’, the impressive Statue of Jesus and the picturesque harbour before returning to Saigon by late afternoon.
Overnight in Sai Gon.
Day 4: Sai Gon – Hoi An (B)
Your car will pick you up 2 hours before your flight time. Depart Sai Gon to Danang.
After arriving in Danang, tour the Cham Museum, an elegant colonial building which now houses the finest collection of Cham sculpture in the world and briefly pass My Khe Beach, a famous spot for American soldiers during the Vietnam-American War.
Continue south to Hoi An, stopping enroute to visit the Marble Mountains, five stone hillocks, once islands, that now rise sharply from the surrounding rice fields. Riddled with caves and shrines, they are said to each represent one of the five elements of the universe.
Arrival Hoi An, check in your hotel and enjoy your relaxing time in this ancient town Transfer to hotel for checking in. Enjoy your time in this ancient city.
Overnight in Hoi An
Day 5: Hoi An – My Son (B/L)
After breakfast, depart from Hoi An to My Son sanctuary, a World Heritage site since 1999. Stop there to explore the Champa temples with their many architectural styles and sculptures representing every historical period of the Kingdom of Champa. Back to Hoi An for lunch.
This afternoon, your leisure on the beach or pool to relax…
Day 6: Hoi An – Hue (B)
After breakfast, your private car and guide will pick you up for a 160km journey from Hue over scenic mountainous roads with spectacular views over the coastline. Continue northwards passing Lang Co. Halfway between Danang and Hue lays the dramatic Hai Van Pass, the high dividing line between the climate zones of north and South Vietnam. Overnight in Hue.
Day 7: Hue city full day (B/L)
08.00AM: Today we start the tour to Hue Monument Complex, which is recognized as UNESCO World Heritage. Our driver will pick you up at your hotel and transfer to the boat station in Hue. We board a boat for a trip on the Perfume River to visit the towering Thien Mu Pagoda, one of the most famous Vietnamese landmarks. Differing legends explain how the pagoda came to be – one tells of an old woman who instructed Lord Hoang Nguyen in 1601 to walk contemplatively along the river with a lit incense stick and to build a city at the spot where the incense stopped burning.
From Thien Mu Pagoda, We then take a short drive into a lush valley of the river where seven tombs were built for seven Nguyen emperors. Each is an expression of the unique personality of the man whose remains it holds and each is comprised of three elements: a temple dedicated to the worship of the deceased emperor and his queen, a stone stele that records the biographical and historical high points of his life, and the royal tomb itself. We will visit two most famous tombs: Minh Mang and KhaiDinh Tomb. Lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, we return to the center of Hué city. The massive Hue Royal Citadel is the most well – known and iconic site in Hué. We also visit the Forbidden Purple City, originally built in the early 1800s for the personal use of the emperor and staffed by eunuchs who posed no threat to the royal concubines. Nearly destroyed in the Tet Offensive, the ruins today house the Royal Library and the grounds flourish with mimosa plants and vegetable gardens.
After that our car will take you to Dong Ba market is the biggest and most significant central market of ThuaThien – Hue province and the adjacent regions. In market, you can go shopping and see the daily life of local people.
The tour finishes at about 4:30PM and our car will drive you back to your hotel in Hue.
Day 8: Hue – DMZ – Hanoi (B)
Your tour guide pick you up at your hotel in Hue, head north on Highway One toward Dong Ha, stop at sites along the way, such as Highway of Horror, Quang Tri Citadel, the Ai Tu Airfield. Continue to Dong Ha, the former headquaters of the elements of the U.S Marines, head west on Route 9. The first stop is the Rockpile, a look-out of the U.S Marine Corps, visit Van Kieu ethnic minority people in the Central of Vietnam. Continue to Khe Sanh village, visit Khe Sanh Combat Base.
After lunch in Dong Ha, head north to visit the Hien Luong Bridge over the Ben Hai River at the middle of the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone), the river that was the only true physical demarcation between North and South Vietnam, the refuge of some 400 North Vietnamese. Continue to Vinh Moc tunnels inhabitants during the bombing operation “Rolling Thunder”. Back to Hue at your hotel.
Then collect your luggage and heading to airport to catch a flight to Ha Noi. Pick up upon arrival and go to hotel for checking in.
Overnight in Ha Noi.
Day 9: Hanoi city tour (B/L)
Depart at 9.00am from your hotel. We will begin our day by visiting Uncle Ho, learning about his great life at the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Presidential Palace, and his residential place (N.B. Closed on Mondays & Fridays). Next stop is the nearby Temple of Literature. The site of Vietnam’s first University, built in twelfth century, to teach the royals the Confucius theory. Here we will also have a chance to see a traditional music performance, if available. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon visit Museum of Ethnology, widely acknowledged as the best in the country which houses a display dedicated to Vietnam’s 54 ethnic minority peoples.
A late afternoon cyclo tour of Hanoi’s fascinating Old Quarter followed by free time for shopping. We finish our relaxing but informative day by attending a Water Puppet Show, a favorite experience for all visitors to Vietnam.
Overnight in Ha Noi.
Day 10: Hanoi – Ha Long Bay (B/L/D)
8.00 – 8.30: guide will pick you up at your hotel. On the way to Halong city, enjoy the journey through the rich farmlands of the Red River Delta and the scenery of rice fields, water buffalo and everyday Vietnamese village life.
12.15: Embark on Cruise. Welcome drinks would be served before receiving cabin and cruising route briefing. Enjoy a delicious seafood lunch while our boat slowly cruise through amazing limestone seascape.
15.15: Visiting Sung Sot cave, one of the most amazing caves in Halong Bay. The two chambers that form this amazing grotto are decorated with thousands of spectacular stalactite and stalagmite forms.
16.25 Enjoy easy kayaking around the fishing village, then return to the vessel for your own leisure. Fresh fruit platter will be served on the sundeck.
17.45: Keep cruising to the overnight anchorage area
19.00: Seafood set-dinner on board
21.00: Enjoy evening activities – Movies (Night), Board Games, Fishing or karaoke
Overnight on Cruise.
Day 11: Ha Long Bay – Hanoi (B/L)
A new day has come with beautiful sunrise view from your cabin
5h30: Optional to wake up for sunrise or swimming.
7.30: Breakfast with complimentary tea & coffee.
8.00: Be transferred to nearby Ti Top Island for swimming or climb up to the top to see the outstanding scenery of the bay.
9.00: Return to Cruise. Check out and settle the bill
9.30: Discover the mystic recipes of the Vietnamese cuisine by joining cooking class on the sundeck. The vessel cruises leisurely back to harbor.
11.00: Set menu lunch is served on board
12.00: Disembark and back to Hanoi
16.00: Arrive in Hanoi. Transfer directly to the airport. Be sure not to pack any valuables in your checked in luggage and remove all sharp objects and liquids from your carry on.
Overnight in Ha Noi.
Day 12: Departure (B)
Morning at your leisure, check out from hotel then transfer to airport for departure flight.
- Selected accommodation with breakfast in twin share room.
- Meals as listed in the itinerary.
- Private air-condition transportation.
- Boat cruises while on tour.
- Experience and friendly English-speaking local guide.
- Internal flights to tour destinations (Economy Class).
- Sightseeing and permit fees during guided times.
- Service charge and VAT taxes.
- Visa stamping fee at the Embassy.
- Travel Insurance in all kinds.
- Other foreign language guide.
- Peak tourist season or special event rates.
- Child or adult in triple sharing room.
- Tip, drinks and other personal expenses.
- Solo traveller must single supplement.
– Travelers are highly recommended to purchase Travel Insurance upon commitment of the booking in case of force majeure. Travel Insurance covers such costs as emergency and medical evacuation, hospital fees, property loss, etc. which could possibly happen during the trip.
– Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
– The itinerary may subject to change depending on weather conditions and the local situation.
– Reservations during peak times such as Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays may be subject to supplementary charges.
– If any proposed service is not available at the time of booking, we will try to find alternative and similar option and minimize changes to the program.
– Domestic flights may subject to change or reschedule before departure date
– Vietnam Travel and Cruise is not responsible for any injury, loss, death, inconvenience, delay or damage to personal property in connection with the provision of any goods or services whether resulting from but not limited to acts of God or force majeure, illness, disease, acts of war, civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, animals, strikes or other labor activities, criminal or terrorist activities of any kind, overbooking or downgrading of services, food poisoning, mechanical or other failure of aircraft or other means of transportation or for failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart on time. Additional expenses incurred due to delays, accidents, natural disaster, political actions and unrest, must be covered by the clients. Vietnam Travel and Cruise will make every effort to recoup any losses from the service providers.
– A Deposit of AUD$300 per person is required upon confirmation of your booking. This deposit is non-refundable.
– The balance is due 30 days prior to departure. If you fail to pay by the due date we reserve the right to cancel your booking and retain your deposit.
– If you make a booking less than 30 days prior to departure, full payment is due within 48 hours.
Cancellation: Any cancellations must be made in witting.
– Cancellation fees apply to all cancelled reservations. The fee is determined by the date written cancellation received by Vietnam Travel and Cruise.
– Cancellation more than 30 days – Loss of deposit
– Cancellation at 30 or less days – 100% of total booking cost
Special conditions: Depending on airlines, hotels, cruises’ cancellation policies, the above conditions may be modified.
Claims and refunds for unused services
No refunds or exchanges can be made in respect of accommodation, meals, sightseeing tours, transport or any other services, which are included in the tour prices but not utilized by the client.