Day 1: Hanoi arrival
Upon your arrival at Hanoi airport, look for our driver who will be waiting for you with a sign bearing your name. The journey from the airport to your hotel will take approximately one hour and is an entertaining experience full of chaotic traffic, distinctive architecture and overloaded motorbikes. Check in your hotel and enjoy your free time in Hanoi as your leisure.
Day 2: Hanoi city tour (B/L)
Depart at 09.00am from your hotel. We will begin our day by visiting Uncle Ho, learning about his great life at the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Presidential Palace, and his residential place (N.B. Closed on Mondays & Fridays). Next stop is the nearby Temple of Literature. The site of Vietnam’s first University, built in twelfth century, to teach the royals the Confucius theory. Here we will also have a chance to see a traditional music performance, if available. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon visit Museum of Ethnology, widely acknowledged as the best in the country which houses a display dedicated to Vietnam’s 54 ethnic minority peoples.
A late afternoon cyclo tour of Hanoi’s fascinating Old Quarter followed by free time for shopping. We finish our relaxing but informative day by attending a Water Puppet Show, a favorite experience for all visitors to Vietnam.
Day 3: Hanoi – Ha Long Bay (B/L/D)
08.00 – 08.30: Bus and guide will pick you up at your hotel. On the way to Halong city, enjoy the journey through the rich farmlands of the Red River Delta and the scenery of rice fields, water buffalo and everyday Vietnamese village life.
12.15: Embark on Cruiser. Welcome drinks would be served before receiving cabin and cruising route briefing. Enjoy a delicious seafood lunch while our boat slowly cruise through amazing limestone seascape.
15.15: Visiting Sung Sot cave, one of the most amazing caves in Halong Bay. The two chambers that form this amazing grotto are decorated with thousands of spectacular stalactite and stalagmite forms.
16.25 Enjoy easy kayaking around the fishing village, then return to the vessel for your own leisure. Fresh fruit platter will be served on the sundeck.
17.45: Keep cruising to the overnight anchorage area.
19.00: Seafood set-dinner on board.
21.00: Enjoy evening activities – Movies (Night), Board Games, Fishing or karaoke. Over night on Cruise.
Day 4: Ha Long Bay – Hanoi (B/L)
A new day has come with beautiful sunrise view from your cabin
05.30: Optional to wake up for sunrise or swimming.
07.30: Breakfast with complimentary tea & coffee.
08.00: Be transferred to nearby Ti Top Island for swimming or climb up to the top to see the outstanding scenery of the bay.
09.00: Return to Cruise. Check out and settle the bill.
09.30: Discover the mystic recipes of the Vietnamese cuisine by joining cooking class on the sundeck. The vessel cruises leisurely back to harbor.
11.00: Set menu lunch is served on board.
12.00: Disembark and back to Hanoi.
16.00: Arrive in Hanoi. Transfer back to your hotel and enjoy your time to explore more about Hanoi.
Day 5: Hanoi – Hue (B)
After breakfast, transfer to Noi Bai airport for a morning flight to Hue. Pick up upon arrival and transfer to your hotel.
In the afternoon, we start our city tour by visiting massive Hue Royal Citadel is the most well known and iconic site in Hué. Begun in 1805 by Emperor Gia Long, it is actually a sprawling complex comprised of the Imperial City, several museums, lakes, and lovely gardens, all laid out in a series of concentric circles. We also visit the Forbidden Purple City, originally built in the early 1800s for the personal use of the emperor and staffed by eunuchs who posed no threat to the royal concubines. Nearly destroyed in the Tet Offensive, the ruins today house the Royal Library and the grounds flourish with mimosa plants and vegetable gardens.
After that our car will take you to Dong Ba Market: Dong Ba market is the biggest and most significant central market of ThuaThien – Hue province and the adjacent regions. In Dong Ba market, you can go shopping and see the daily life of local people. Accommodation in Hue.
Day 6: Hue city tour – Hoi An (B/L)
08.00: Today we start the tour to Hue Monument Complex, which is recognized as UNESCO World Heritage. Our driver will pick you up at your hotel and transfer to the boat station in Hue. We board a boat for a trip on the Perfume River to visit the towering Thien Mu Pagoda, one of the most famous Vietnamese landmarks. Differing legends explain how the pagoda came to be – one tells of an old woman who instructed Lord Hoang Nguyen in 1601 to walk contemplatively along the river with a lit incense stick and to build a city at the spot where the incense stopped burning.
From Thien Mu Pagoda, we then take a short drive into a lush valley of the river where seven tombs were built for seven Nguyen emperors. Each is an expression of the unique personality of the man whose remains it holds and each is comprised of three elements: a temple dedicated to the worship of the deceased emperor and his queen, a stone stele that records the biographical and historical high points of his life, and the royal tomb itself. We will visit two most famous tombs: Minh Mang and Khai Dinh Tomb. Lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch, you will leave Hue to Hoi An. 160km journey from Hue over scenic mountainous roads with spectacular views over the coastline. Halfway between Danang and Hue lays the dramatic Hai Van Pass, the high dividing line between the climate zones of north and South Vietnam. Continue southwards passing Lang Co.
Continue south to Hoi An, stopping enroute to visit the Marble Moutains, five stone hillocks, once islands, that now rise sharply from the surrounding ricefields. Riddled with caves and shrines, they are said to each represent one of the five elements of the universe.
Arrival Hoi An, check in your hotel and enjoy your relaxing time in this ancient town.
Day 7: Red Bridge cooking class (B/L)
07.30: Our car will pick you up from hotel to cooking center. If your hotel is located in the old quarter and car is not allowed, map will be given and you need to walk from drop point to Hai Scout Café – 98 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street to join class at 8.15am.
Visit Hoi An’s colourful market, and experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. We will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and purchase some of the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
We board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. This is a chance to view local river life, so make sure your camera is handy.
On arrival, we explore the cooking school’s herb and vegetable garden, before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours – each dish is first demonstrated by the Red Bridge chef’s, before we prepare the same dish ourselves. Included in the class is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration).
After the lesson, we sit down and eat exactly what we have cooked.
Day 8: Hoi An Eco Tour – farming & fishing life (B/L)
Our Vietnam Travel and Cruise provides you with a close-up and intimate exposure to both the local farming and fishing communities. Accompanied by your tour guide, you commence the day leisurely cycling along country roads witnessing local Vietnamese rural life first hand, discovering all manner of photo opportunities – coming and visiting a beautiful organic vegetable village, watering and planting vegetable, hoeing a soil with local farmer, riding a water buffalo in a rice paddy field seeing ducks swimming along the rice farm or farmers tending their crops. The photo opportunities are endless. As well you will experience the friendliness of the local people greeting you along the way. Later you will board our Vietnam Travel and Crusie’s boat for a river cruise to meet and engage with local fishermen and enjoy a hands-on experience of traditional net fishing. You will also experience paddling the unique Vietnamese bamboo basket boat while the waterways of coconut palm paradise. This tour provides you with a cultural window into the ways of life of both our farming and fishing communities.
Tour program includes :
- Tour guide meets you at your hotel
- Cycle to a local farming village traveling along picturesque country roads ( Bus or bike are option to choose to go )
- Share in the daily work life of local farmers – hoeing and a soil, watering veggie at an organic herb garden, riding water buffalo in the field and enjoy the freshest air of the countryside beauty.
- Board Vietnam Travel and Cruise’s boat and cruise to the mouth of the river where it meets the Cua Dai Sea
- Learn and try your hand at local traditional fishing techniques using round and cast nets
- Learn to paddle the strange and unique Vietnamese bamboo basket boats
- Enjoy basket boat dancing of GANGNAM STYLE on the round boat ( THUNG CHAI) shown by Vietnam Travel and Cruise’s crews
- Explore the now tranquil coconut-palm flanked waterways of a past war and hear of the extreme conditions endured by soldiers on both sides.
- Have a relaxed fun with catching beautiful purple crabs on bamboo basket boat.
- Learn how to make an origami creations from reeds of palm leaves such as grasshopper , birds, ring, sunglass ,bracelets….etc
- Visit a local water coconut palm village, take a walk around the village and have some tea and snack with local talks……………
- Back on-board our Vietnam Travel and Cruise’s boat, enjoy lunch and cold beer or soft drink.
Return to hotel by coach.
Day 9: Hoi An – Sai Gon (B)
Free at your leisure, then transfer to Danang airport for flight to Saigon. Pick up upon arrival and transfer to your hotel.
Accommodation in Saigon.
Day 10: Sai Gon city tour – Cu Chi tunnels (B/L)
This morning you will be met at your hotel at 08.00 by guide for a morning walking tour through the heart of Saigon’s famous and historic city landmarks including Dong Khoi Street (formerly Rue Catinat), the Rex Hotel, Municipal Theatre, Hotel de Ville and Notre Dame Cathedral. You will then join your vehicle and drive to the site of the former US Embassy (now the US consulate) before visiting the impressive Re-Unification Palace and War Remnants Museum. Lunch at a local restaurant.
This afternoon we continue for the journey west from Ho Chi Minh City to Cu Chi. On arrival you will be guided through the famous tunnels used by the communist guerrillas during the Vietnam War. The tunnel network stretches over 250km and extends to three levels underground providing you with a remarkable insight into the hardships, courage, determination and terror of a guerrilla war. You will return to your hotel at approximately 18.00.
Day 11: Mekong – My Tho (B/L)
This morning you will be met at your hotel at 8.00am by your guide for a full day tour traveling south from Ho Chi Minh City to My Tho, the gateway to the Mekong Delta. Known as the “rice bowl” of Vietnam, the Delta is the most fertile region in the country, and the main producer of rice and tropical fruits. From My Tho, you board your boat and travel to one of the islands located in the middle of the Mekong River . On the island visit a fruit orchard and sample some of the local produce, before boarding a smaller sampan that winds along narrow canals. You’ll also have the opportunity to visit a local family’s house and enjoy their hospitality and share with them some tea or rice wine. After lunch (included) in My Tho return to Ho Chi Minh City by late afternoon.
Day 12: Sai Gon – Siem Riep (B)
Transfer to the airport 3 hours in advance. Depart from Sai Gon to Siem Riep. Your guide will be waiting for you and take you to the hotel for checking in. Enjoy your time in Siem Riep as leisure.
Day 13: Angkor Wat (B/L)
08.30 we have the tour to Angkor Wat is visually, architecturally and Artistically breathtaking, it is a massive three-tiered pyramid crowned by five lotus like Towers rising 65 meters from ground level .Kbal Spean (The head of the bridge or the river of the thousand lingams), trekking up to the hill 1.50 km take about 2 hour for the tour. Lunch at the temple. Afternoon we are going to visit Banteay Srey loosely translates to “Citadel of the Women” but this is a modern appellation that probably refers to the delicate beauty of the caving deep and much detail. made of pink sandstone.
Day 14: Angkor Thom (B/L)
08.30, we have the Tour to Angkor Thom (the great Capital) with 9 Square Kilometers and was the last Capital of the Angkorian Empire. After Jayavarman VII recaptured the Angkorian Capital from the Cham invaders in 1181. The King began a massive building campaign across the empire constructing Angkor Thom as his new Capital City with existing structure such as Baphoun, Phimean Akas and Royal Palace. The Leper King and Elephant Terrace and Bayon (Four Smiling Faces). Lunch at the local place in front of Angkor Wat. Afternoon, we are going to see Preah Khan is a huge, highly explorable monastic Complex. photo opportunities, it originally served as a Buddhist monastery and school. Preah Khan means “ Sacred Sword” in harmony with the architecturally similar Ta Prohm. Neak Poan (The budhist temple located in the middle of Jayatakatak “ The reservoir dug during the reign of the king Jayavarman XII ” served as the hospital).
Day 15: Departure (B)
Free time until your car pick you up to the airport for your departure flight.
- Selected accommodation with breakfast in twin share room.
- Meals as listed in the itinerary.
- Private air-condition transportation. (except Ha Long)
- Boat at the program.
- Experience and friendly English-speaking local guide.
- Sightseeing and permit fees during guided times.
- Domestic flight: Hanoi – Hue, Danang – Saigon, Saigon – Siem Reap.
- Service charge and VAT taxes.
- Welcome gift + sim card
- Travel insurance (compulsory)
- International flights with airport and departure taxes
- Alcoholic drinks & drinks at mealtime + Optional visits + Personal expenses (Telephone, laundry…)
- Visa stamping fee for Vietnam (visa on arrival, valid 30 days: $25US upon client’s nationality + 1 photo. Passport has to be valid at least 6 months after departure date of the country). Subject to change without prior notice
- Personal expenses
- Tips for guide, driver, boat crew & hotels’ porters
- Meals other than those mentioned above
- Other services not clearly indicated in the Package Inclusion above.
- Early check-in/ Late check out
– Travelers are highly recommended to purchase Travel Insurance upon commitment of the booking in case of force majeure. Travel Insurance covers such costs as emergency and medical evacuation, hospital fees, property loss, etc. which could possibly happen during the trip.
– Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
– The itinerary may subject to change depending on weather conditions and the local situation.
– Reservations during peak times such as Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays may be subject to supplementary charges.
– If any proposed service is not available at the time of booking, we will try to find alternative and similar option and minimize changes to the program.
– Domestic flights may subject to change or reschedule before departure date
– Vietnam Travel and Cruise is not responsible for any injury, loss, death, inconvenience, delay or damage to personal property in connection with the provision of any goods or services whether resulting from but not limited to acts of God or force majeure, illness, disease, acts of war, civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, animals, strikes or other labor activities, criminal or terrorist activities of any kind, overbooking or downgrading of services, food poisoning, mechanical or other failure of aircraft or other means of transportation or for failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart on time. Additional expenses incurred due to delays, accidents, natural disaster, political actions and unrest, must be covered by the clients. Vietnam Travel and Cruise will make every effort to recoup any losses from the service providers.
– A Deposit of AUD$300 per person is required upon confirmation of your booking. This deposit is non-refundable.
– The balance is due 30 days prior to departure. If you fail to pay by the due date we reserve the right to cancel your booking and retain your deposit.
– If you make a booking less than 30 days prior to departure, full payment is due within 48 hours.
Cancellation: Any cancellations must be made in witting.
– Cancellation fees apply to all cancelled reservations. The fee is determined by the date written cancellation received by Vietnam Travel and Cruise.
– Cancellation more than 30 days – Loss of deposit
– Cancellation at 30 or less days – 100% of total booking cost
Special conditions: Depending on airlines, hotels, cruises’ cancellation policies, the above conditions may be modified.
Claims and refunds for unused services
No refunds or exchanges can be made in respect of accommodation, meals, sightseeing tours, transport or any other services, which are included in the tour prices but not utilized by the client.