Essence of Vietnam: The local life of Vietnamese people will be gradually revealed through this 17 day trip. Joining this tour, you will be taken along Vietnam country from the Northern part to the Southern one. Give a try and create your own experience and findings of the differences among the regions! There are much more to discover.
Day 1: Hanoi
On arrival, you will be met and transferred to hotel for checking in.
Day 2: Hanoi local life (B/L)
Start walking tour in Old Quarter Streets, first visit in Ancient House (87 Ma May), the go to Bach Ma Temple nearby – one of the oldest temple
DAY 3: Hanoi Free Day – Lao Cai by train (B)
Explore yourself around Old Quarter Streets. At 8.00PM, take night train to Lao Cai.
Day 4: Sapa – Cat Cat – Y Linh Ho – Tavan (B/L/D)
Have a very first walking tour in Sapa to Cat Cat village. You will be impressed by the waterfall and a hydroelectric station in here, enjoy spectacular scenery while walking along a narrow river. The walk takes you from Lao Chai village of Black Hmong minority to Ta Van village of Giay minority, visit to the local Catholic Church and homestay.
DAY 5: Tavan – Giang Ta Chai – Su Pan – Hanoi (B/L)
After refreshing by breakfast, you will trek through bamboo forest, which belongs to Hoang Lien National Park.
Have lunch then you continue toward Su Pan, a small village located by the road. After that, you start your journey back to Hanoi.
DAY 6: Hanoi – Ha Long Bay (L/D)
Early arrive Hanoi. Take 3.5 hour bus to Ha Long City. Embark on cruise and view the beautiful scenes of Ha Long Bay while resting and relaxing.
Afternoon sail the kayak and enjoy the cool water on Halong Bay.
DAY 7: Ha Long Bay – Hanoi – Hue by flight (B/L)
Visit Sung Sot Cave – One of the most famous nature cave in Halong Bay. Complete the journey in Ha Long Bay after a cooking lesion. Back to Hanoi then depart to Hue.
DAY 8: Hue Motorbike Tour (B/L)
Morning visit Imperial Citadel, Poetic Mausoleum of Imperial Tuong Duc and the city’s vibrant Dong Ba Market on motorbike.
DAY 9: Hue – Hoi An (B)
Take the 160km journey to Hoi An Ancient townvia Hai Van Pass, sightseeing at Cham Museum and Marble Moutain.
Day10: Hoi An Biking To Tra Que village (B/L)
Cycling to a local farm in Tra Que village and visit a vegetable village – be a farmer in one day and learn how to grow the plants. Take a short break in a local family.
Day 11: Hoi An Cooking Class (B/L)
Another day visitors can try to be a professional chef of Vietnam food at cooking class. Spend 3 hours to learn how to cook and prepare for yourself a delicious lunch.
Day 12: Hoi An Free Day (B)
Free day in Hoi An.
Day 13: Hoi An – Sai Gon by flight (B)
Enjoy your last moment in Hoi An and ancient town. Depart to Sai Gon by flight.
Day 14: Sai Gon City Tour – Cu Chi Tunnel (B/L)
City tour through the heart of Saigon’s famous and historic city landmarks including Dong Khoi Street, the Rex Hotel, Municipal Theatre, Hotel de Ville and Notre Dame Cathedral, Re- Uniication Palace and War Remnants Museum. After lunch, you will take the journey to Cu Chi tunnels, the greatest underground structures during the war.
Day 15: Cai Be – Vinh Long Homestay (B/L/D)
Have a chance to visit amazing Cai Be colourfull floating market cruiseing among local barges full of fruits and vegretables. Especially can see how rices paste, coconut candy and pop-rice, pop-corn are made. Then enjoy the best lunch at the local house.
In afternoon, visitors have an opportunity to experience how farmer catch fish or pick up fruits by ancestral ways in Mekong Delta.
DAY 16: Vinh Long – Sai Gon (B/L)
Have a breakfast and walk along the village to enjoy the fresh air in the morning. Boat trip to visit the brick kilns where you can see how the local people create beautiful potteries from clay. We can visit Vinh long market in the town.
The cruise will end at around 10:30 in Vinh Long town. Back to Sai Gon
DAY 17: Departure (B)
Take the half hour journey to the airport for departure light.
- Accommodation: 11 nights at 3-star hotel, 2 nights on train, 2 nights home stay, 1 night on boat
- Transfer: Private transfer throughout, except Ha Long Bay
- Meals: 15 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 4 dinners
- Activities: Hanoi city tour on motorbike, Hanoi – Sapa tour, Ha Long Bay overnight cruise, Hoi An biking tour, Hoi An cooking class, Saigon city tour & Cu Chi tunnels, Mekong – Cai Be Homestay tour.
- Others: Domestic airline and train tickets, entrance fees, English speaking guide.
- Spending money
- Tips & gratuities
- Activities not listed
- Meals not listed, All drinks
- International departure taxes
- International flights
– Travelers are highly recommended to purchase Travel Insurance upon commitment of the booking in case of force majeure. Travel Insurance covers such costs as emergency and medical evacuation, hospital fees, property loss, etc. which could possibly happen during the trip.
– Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
– The itinerary may subject to change depending on weather conditions and the local situation.
– Reservations during peak times such as Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays may be subject to supplementary charges.
– If any proposed service is not available at the time of booking, we will try to find alternative and similar option and minimize changes to the program.
– Domestic flights may subject to change or reschedule before departure date
– Vietnam Travel and Cruise is not responsible for any injury, loss, death, inconvenience, delay or damage to personal property in connection with the provision of any goods or services whether resulting from but not limited to acts of God or force majeure, illness, disease, acts of war, civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, animals, strikes or other labor activities, criminal or terrorist activities of any kind, overbooking or downgrading of services, food poisoning, mechanical or other failure of aircraft or other means of transportation or for failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart on time. Additional expenses incurred due to delays, accidents, natural disaster, political actions and unrest, must be covered by the clients. Vietnam Travel and Cruise will make every effort to recoup any losses from the service providers.
– A Deposit of AUD$300 per person is required upon confirmation of your booking. This deposit is non-refundable.
– The balance is due 30 days prior to departure. If you fail to pay by the due date we reserve the right to cancel your booking and retain your deposit.
– If you make a booking less than 30 days prior to departure, full payment is due within 48 hours.
Cancellation: Any cancellations must be made in witting.
– Cancellation fees apply to all cancelled reservations. The fee is determined by the date written cancellation received by Vietnam Travel and Cruise.
– Cancellation more than 30 days – Loss of deposit
– Cancellation at 30 or less days – 100% of total booking cost
Special conditions: Depending on airlines, hotels, cruises’ cancellation policies, the above conditions may be modified.
Claims and refunds for unused services
No refunds or exchanges can be made in respect of accommodation, meals, sightseeing tours, transport or any other services, which are included in the tour prices but not utilized by the client.