Day 1: Hanoi arrival
Upon your arrival at Hanoi airport, look for our guide who will be waiting for you with a sign bearing your name. The journey from the airport to your hotel will take approximately one hour and is an entertaining experience full of chaotic traffic, distinctive architecture and overloaded motorbikes. Check in your hotel and enjoy your free time in Hanoi as your leisure.
Overnight Ha Noi.
Day 2: Hanoi cooking class (B/L)
At 8.00am your guide will pick you up to Hanoi Hidden cooking class. In this class, the chief will not only show you how to cook the dishes but also introduce Vietnamese culture through out the course.They show a short movie that demonstrates traditional Vietnamese kitchen; by explaining the importance of rice and its cultural significance; the different spices, when and how they are used; the market; and of course fish sauce.
The first guest to book may choose from one of these 6 different menus: Seafood, monsoon, street food, village menu, pagoda vegetarian, I love Pho.
Overnight in Ha Noi.
Day 3: Quang Ba flower market – Street food tour – shopping (B/D)
At 08.00am: our driver and guide will pick you up at your hotel to Quang Ba flower market. It not only provides flower for all of Ha noi but also a subculture, a characteristic, a beautiful destination to enjoy the flavor of all flowers.
Street food walking tour start right after from Hanoi’s largest covered market, Dong Xuan. Your expert English-speaking local guide will give you an insight into the intricacies and traditions of Vietnamese food culture including details on ingredients and historical backgrounds of popular northern dishes. We eat as we go, trying seasonal fruits and sampling some tasty snack from a street cart.
You can choose among three light dinner dishes, from the extremely popular “Phở” (Noodle soup), “Bún chả” (grilled pork vermicelli soup) and lastly, our personal favorite “Bún Bò” (Beef rice vermicelli soup). In the end, the guide will take you to Ta Hien street where is one of the hot spots for beer, sitting at a street corner in Hanoi old quarter with a beer glass. Then a late afternoon electric car tour of Hanoi’s fascinating Old Quarter is followed by free time for shopping.
Overnight in Ha Noi.
Day 4: Hanoi – Hue & Cruise dinner on Perfume river (B/D)
Transfer to the airport 2 hours in advance. Depart Hanoi to Hue and transfer to hotel for checking in.
In the afternoon, your car will pick up and take you to Perfume river for a cruise dinner when the boat is floating.
Overnight in Hue.
Day 5: Hue city tour – Hoi An (B/L)
After breakfast, we will take a city tour of Hue and surroundings areas. We first visit Royal Citadel which was constructed by Emperor Gia Long in the style of French military architect Vauban during the first decade of the 19th century, containing the Imperial city and the Forbidden Purple City, the Emperor’s private residence. There are many palaces and temples inside. We also visit the Imperial Museum, Minh Mang tomb and the vibrant Dong Ba riverside market. Enjoy your lunch at the Pagoda.
In the afternoon, drop off at your hotel then collect your luggage and transfer to Hoi An for checking in hotel
Overnight in Hoi An.
Day 6: Red Bridge cooking class (B/L)
This 3 hour session is a rich & comprehensive gourmet experience. You start with a 1 hour market tour to learn about Vietnamses ingredients & how to choose fresh food. Next is a short talk on the art of Vietnamese gastronomy, vegetables, herbs & spices & how to prepare & use them. The practical includes learning cooking & cutting techniques & how to use Vietnamese vegetable grater & knife. You will get hands-on experience of fresh summer rolls, grilled chicken with lime leaf, banana flower salad, soup with cabbage wrapped shrimp.
After cooking class, you will participate in a walking tour around Hoi An.
Overnight in Hoi An
Day 7: Hoi An free day (B)
Free time in Hoi An as leisure. You may choose to lounge by your resort pool, swim at the beach or indulge in a massage, facial or pedicure.
For those wanting action, optional activities include a half day countryside cycling tour, scuba, snorkeling, abseiling, fishing or a photography tour. We can include any of these in your itinerary.
Cultural options include My Son ancient ruins, historical walking tour of Hoi An or Marble Mountain.
Overnight in Hoi An.
Day 8: Hoi An – Sai Gon – Dinner on Bonsai Cruise (B/D)
Transfer to Da Nang airport for your flight heading to Sai Gon. Upon your arrival at Saigon airport look for our driver and guide who will be waiting for you with a sign bearing your name. The journey from the airport to your hotel will take approximately half an hour and is an entertaining experience full of chaotic traffic and millions of motorbikes. Check in your hotel and enjoy your time in the most exciting city of Vietnam.
In the late afternoon, your car will pick up and take you to join the Bonsai cruise.
Day 9: Sai Gon walking tour half day – Dinning in the dark (B/L/D)
This morning you will be met at your hotel at 8.00am by guide for a morning walking tour through the heart of Saigon’s famous and historic city landmarks including Dong Khoi Street (formerly Rue Catinat), the Rex Hotel, Municipal Theatre, Hotel de Ville and Notre Dame Cathedral. You will then join your vehicle and drive to the site of the former US Embassy (now the US consulate) before visiting the impressive Re-Unification Palace and War Remnants Museum. You will return to your hotel at around 12.00pm.
In the evening, our car will pick you to restaurant to enjoy dinning in the dark. You will have experience a culinary journey through taste, smell, touch and sound. This is not simply dinning, but rather a uniquely mind – altering experience where smell, taster, touch and hearing unite to bring you a completely new journey of the senses. Then our car takes you back your hotel.
Overnight in Sai Gon.
Day 10: Mekong – Cai Be (B/L)
This morning you will be met at your hotel at 8.00am by your guide for a full day tour traveling south from Ho Chi Minh City to My Tho, the gateway to the Mekong Delta. Known as the “rice bowl” of Vietnam, the Delta is the most fertile region in the country, and the main producer of rice and tropical fruits. From My Tho, you board your boat and travel to one of the islands located in the middle of the Mekong River. On the island visit a fruit orchard and sample some of the local produce, before boarding a smaller sampan that winds along narrow canals. You’ll also have the opportunity to visit a local family’s house and enjoy their hospitality and share with them some tea or rice wine.
Overnight in Sai Gon.
Day 11: Departure (B)
You will be picked up from your hotel for the half hour journey to the airport. Be sure not to pack any valuables in your checked in luggage and remove all sharp objects and liquids from your carry on. Take your flight home.
Tour Inclusions :
- Selected accommodation with breakfast in twin share room.
- Meals as listed in the itinerary.
- Private air-condition transportation.
- Boat at the program.
- Experience and friendly English-speaking local guide.
- Sightseeing and permit fees during guided times.
- Service charge and VAT taxes.
- Internal flights: Ha Noi – Hue, Da Nang – Sai Gon.
Tour Exclusions :
- Visa stamping fee at the Embassy.
- Domestic flights quote separately.
- Travel Insurance in all kinds.
- Other foreign language guide.
- Peak tourist season or special event rates.
- Child or adult in triple sharing room.
- Tip, drinks and other personal expenses.
- Solo traveller must single supplement.
– Travelers are highly recommended to purchase Travel Insurance upon commitment of the booking in case of force majeure. Travel Insurance covers such costs as emergency and medical evacuation, hospital fees, property loss, etc. which could possibly happen during the trip.
– Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
– The itinerary may subject to change depending on weather conditions and the local situation.
– Reservations during peak times such as Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays may be subject to supplementary charges.
– If any proposed service is not available at the time of booking, we will try to find alternative and similar option and minimize changes to the program.
– Domestic flights may subject to change or reschedule before departure date
– Vietnam Travel and Cruise is not responsible for any injury, loss, death, inconvenience, delay or damage to personal property in connection with the provision of any goods or services whether resulting from but not limited to acts of God or force majeure, illness, disease, acts of war, civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, animals, strikes or other labor activities, criminal or terrorist activities of any kind, overbooking or downgrading of services, food poisoning, mechanical or other failure of aircraft or other means of transportation or for failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart on time. Additional expenses incurred due to delays, accidents, natural disaster, political actions and unrest, must be covered by the clients. Vietnam Travel and Cruise will make every effort to recoup any losses from the service providers.
– A Deposit of AUD$300 per person is required upon confirmation of your booking. This deposit is non-refundable.
– The balance is due 30 days prior to departure. If you fail to pay by the due date we reserve the right to cancel your booking and retain your deposit.
– If you make a booking less than 30 days prior to departure, full payment is due within 48 hours.
Cancellation: Any cancellations must be made in witting.
– Cancellation fees apply to all cancelled reservations. The fee is determined by the date written cancellation received by Vietnam Travel and Cruise.
– Cancellation more than 30 days – Loss of deposit
– Cancellation at 30 or less days – 100% of total booking cost
Special conditions: Depending on airlines, hotels, cruises’ cancellation policies, the above conditions may be modified.
Claims and refunds for unused services
No refunds or exchanges can be made in respect of accommodation, meals, sightseeing tours, transport or any other services, which are included in the tour prices but not utilized by the client.