Day 1: Arrival – Vientiane
Upon arrival at Wattay International Airport, you will be met by your Local Guide and transferred to your hotel.
Time permitting (depending on your arrival time). You are seeing the major temples of Vientiane including the oldest, Wat Sisaket, with its thousands of miniature Buddha statues, and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. We also visit the national icon of Laos, That Luang Stupa, stopping along the way to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph, from there you visit COPE Center. The COPE was created in response to the need to provide UXO survivors with the care and support they required, namely by way of orthotic and prosthetic devices. This museum was set after in 1997 to help covering the victim during Indochina war. Overnight in Vientiane
Day 2: Vientiane – Xieng Khouang – Plain of Jars (B)
This we transfer to the airport for a short flight to Xieng Khouang. Upon arrival we will visit Site 1 of the Plain of Jars, an impressive archaeological site where hundreds of large stone jars that litter the plateau. You will then be transferred to your hotel for the night. Overnight in Xieng Khouang
Day 3: Xieng Khouang – Luang Prabang (B)
Today we will pay an early morning visit to the Phonsavan Central Market, an interesting market where different hilltribe people come to barter and exchange merchandise.
Leaving Phonsavan we head towards Luang Prabang, stopping along the way to see the 200 year old Buddha images at Thampra. We drive on through the spectacular scenery of the Xieng Khouang Province with it’s many stunning photo opportunities and stopping a couple of times to explore hill tribe villages.
The journey will take us through the mountainous northern regions of Laos until we reach the World Heritage town of Luang Prabang in the early evening. Overnight in Luang Prabang
Day 4: Luang Prabang – Pak Ou Caves (B)
This morning we board our private boat for a pleasant and scenic cruise up on the Mekong River to the mysterious Pak Ou Caves. These caves are an ancient pilgrimage site and contain thousands of gold lacquered Buddha images left there over hundreds of years.
Returning to Luang Prabang we disembark our boat and have the option of taking a short drive to Ban Phanom, a village famous for its hand weaving or returning to the hotel for free time to relax.
Your afternoon and evening is free to explore Luang Prabang town, take in the Night Market or relax at the hotel. Overnight in Luang Prabang
Day 5: Luang Prabang – Departure
This morning is free until you are transferred to the airport for your flight.
- Selected accommodation with breakfast in twin share room. Hotels may not meet international star rating standards, especially in the remote areas where accommodation options are limited
- Meals as listed in the itinerary
- Private air-condition transportation
- Boat at the program
- Experience and friendly English-speaking local guide
- Sightseeing and permit fees during guided times
- Service charge and VAT taxes
- Visa stamping fee at the Embassy
- Elephant Trekking
- Domestic flights quote separately
- Int’l air tickets to/from Laos
- Travel Insurance in all kinds
- Other foreign language guide
- Peak tourist season or special event rates
– Travelers are highly recommended to purchase Travel Insurance upon commitment of the booking in case of force majeure. Travel Insurance covers such costs as emergency and medical evacuation, hospital fees, property loss, etc. which could possibly happen during the trip.
– Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
– The itinerary may subject to change depending on weather conditions and the local situation.
– Reservations during peak times such as Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays may be subject to supplementary charges.
– If any proposed service is not available at the time of booking, we will try to find alternative and similar option and minimize changes to the program.
– Domestic flights may subject to change or reschedule before departure date
– Vietnam Travel and Cruise is not responsible for any injury, loss, death, inconvenience, delay or damage to personal property in connection with the provision of any goods or services whether resulting from but not limited to acts of God or force majeure, illness, disease, acts of war, civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, animals, strikes or other labor activities, criminal or terrorist activities of any kind, overbooking or downgrading of services, food poisoning, mechanical or other failure of aircraft or other means of transportation or for failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart on time. Additional expenses incurred due to delays, accidents, natural disaster, political actions and unrest, must be covered by the clients. Vietnam Travel and Cruise will make every effort to recoup any losses from the service providers.
– A Deposit of AUD$300 per person is required upon confirmation of your booking. This deposit is non-refundable.
– The balance is due 30 days prior to departure. If you fail to pay by the due date we reserve the right to cancel your booking and retain your deposit.
– If you make a booking less than 30 days prior to departure, full payment is due within 48 hours.
Cancellation: Any cancellations must be made in witting.
– Cancellation fees apply to all cancelled reservations. The fee is determined by the date written cancellation received by Vietnam Travel and Cruise.
– Cancellation more than 30 days – Loss of deposit