Day 1: Vientiane
Arrival at Vientiane and transfer to your hotel for overnight and relax.
Day 2: Vientiena – Full Day City Tour (B)
After breakfast, we explore Vientiane capital by visiting the major sights of the capital; including the oldest Wat Sisaket with thousands of miniature Buddha statues and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. . En route to Lao’s national precious heritage, the famous and sacred structure of That Luang Stupa, you will have the opportunity to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is well known as Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph. In the afternoon we continue visiting the rest of Vientiane by foot, including Wat Ong Tue. We return to the Mekong Riverside in the late afternoon to admire the sunset.
Day 3: Vientiane – Vang Vieng (B)
We leave the capital early for our journey northbound; we will see some breath-taking scenery enroute as we pass through spectacular countryside towards the mountainous region. Along the way we visit the busy and colourful market of Thalat where various hill tribes come to trade goods and buy provisions. A next stop of our trip is Vang Xang, famous for its archaeological site dating back to the 11th century. We reach our final destination Vang Vieng, which is nestled on a bend of the Nam Song River. Overnight in Vang Vieng
Day 4: Vang Vieng Experience (B/L)
Breakfast at hotel.
We will transfer to Phatang Resort around 18 km north of Vang Vieng. After an introduction to the basics of kayaking we shall set off down the beautiful Nam Song River which offers various small but fun rapids along the way to our first stop at Tham Xang Cave. Here we will walk up to the massive theater like cave while hearing about local history about the area!
After emerging from the cave a short kayaking will lead us to a picnic spot on the riverside where we shall enjoy lunch. After lunch we shall continue down the river until the next stop at the Organic Farm where mulberry tea and a variety of different fruit wines are produced.
Continuing on downstream we arrive at Tham None Cave which is one of the largest caves in Vang Vieng! It served as a bomb shelter for local villagers during the Second Indochina War. However, today it is home to a bat family and the ‘Magic Stone of Vang Vieng’. The final leg of the journey is a gentle paddle downstream to Vang Vieng where we shall arrive just in time to catch the sunset.
Approximately: 15minutes transfer, 4.5 hours (wet season) 3.5 hours (dry season) kayaking, 1.5 hour caving/walking. The Rest of the day is free at leisure.
Day 5: Vang Vieng – Luang Prabang (B)
As part of our half day tour of Vang Vieng, we explore the famous caves of Tham Jang, which was once used by the local people as a hideout from Chinese invaders. We also cross the river to Ban Huai Ngai, a very pleasant village where we can explore the different lifestyles of the locals.
Following lunch, we head north up route 13 to Luang Prabang. The stunning mountain scenery makes for an interesting journey. After a couple of photo stops, we arrive in Luang Prabang early evening. Overnight in Luang Prabang
Day 6: City Tour – Kuang Si Waterfall (B)
An optional early start gives you the fantastic opportunity to participate in the daily morning rituals of saffron-clad monks collecting offerings of Alms (often in the form of sticky rice) from the faithful residents.
After breakfast, we then enjoy a short-guided tour seeing the city’s oldest temple of Wat Sene and the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, which represents classical Laotian architecture. We visit to the Royal Palace Museum, which hosts a range of interesting artifacts and Arts and Ethnology Centre to learn about Laos’ many ethnic cultures.
You may also wish to drive to the beautiful Khouangsi Waterfall where you can splash around in the turquoise pools or walk along the forest paths. There’s also an opportunity to visit the bear sanctuary nearby, run by Free The Bears Fund Inc.
We then climb up to the top of Mount Phousi for an enjoyable exploration of the sacred, gilded stupa as well as a panoramic view of the city at sunset and the Mekong River. The tour ends after a visit to the famous Night Market, where you can find a lovely selection of handmade textiles made by local and hill tribe people surrounding Luang Prabang.
Day 7: Luang Prabang – Pak Ou Cave (B)
After breakfast, we then board a cruise upstream on the Mekong River, which gives us a panoramic view of the tranquil countryside as well as an interesting visit to the mysterious Pak Ou Caves, two linked caves crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes left by pilgrims. Once back in Luang Prabang city we take a short drive to Ban Phanom, a village well known for its hand weaving. We also have time to visit Ban Xangkhong, Ban Xienglek, small villages well known for silk weavings and for Saa (jute) Papermaking.
Overnight in Luang Prabang
Day 8: Luang Prabang – Departure (B)
Depending on your flight, you may have time at leisure before you will be transferred to the airport in time for your departing flight.
- Selected accommodation with breakfast in twin share room
- Meals as listed in the itinerary
- Private air-condition transportation
- Boat at the program
- Experience and friendly English-speaking local guide
- Sightseeing and permit fees during guided times
- Service charge and VAT taxes
- Visa stamping fee at the Embassy
- Elephant Trekking
- Domestic flights quote separately
- Int’l air tickets to/from Laos
- Travel Insurance in all kinds
- Other foreign language guide
- Peak tourist season or special event rates
- Child or adult in triple sharing room
- Tip, drinks and other personal expenses
– Travelers are highly recommended to purchase Travel Insurance upon commitment of the booking in case of force majeure. Travel Insurance covers such costs as emergency and medical evacuation, hospital fees, property loss, etc. which could possibly happen during the trip.
– Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
– The itinerary may subject to change depending on weather conditions and the local situation.
– Reservations during peak times such as Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays may be subject to supplementary charges.
– If any proposed service is not available at the time of booking, we will try to find alternative and similar option and minimize changes to the program.
– Domestic flights may subject to change or reschedule before departure date
– Vietnam Travel and Cruise is not responsible for any injury, loss, death, inconvenience, delay or damage to personal property in connection with the provision of any goods or services whether resulting from but not limited to acts of God or force majeure, illness, disease, acts of war, civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, animals, strikes or other labor activities, criminal or terrorist activities of any kind, overbooking or downgrading of services, food poisoning, mechanical or other failure of aircraft or other means of transportation or for failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart on time. Additional expenses incurred due to delays, accidents, natural disaster, political actions and unrest, must be covered by the clients. Vietnam Travel and Cruise will make every effort to recoup any losses from the service providers.
– A Deposit of AUD$300 per person is required upon confirmation of your booking. This deposit is non-refundable.
– The balance is due 30 days prior to departure. If you fail to pay by the due date we reserve the right to cancel your booking and retain your deposit.
– If you make a booking less than 30 days prior to departure, full payment is due within 48 hours.
Cancellation: Any cancellations must be made in witting.
– Cancellation fees apply to all cancelled reservations. The fee is determined by the date written cancellation received by Vietnam Travel and Cruise.
– Cancellation more than 30 days – Loss of deposit
– Cancellation at 30 or less days – 100% of total booking cost
Special conditions: Depending on airlines, hotels, cruises’ cancellation policies, the above conditions may be modified.
Claims and refunds for unused services
No refunds or exchanges can be made in respect of accommodation, meals, sightseeing tours, transport or any other services, which are included in the tour prices but not utilized by the client.