Day 1: Luang Prabang
Upon arrival, you will be met our local guide upon arrival and drive a short distance to the hotel.
From there we will climb to the top of Mount Phousi to explore the sacred gilded stupa and to enjoy the panoramic view of the city and the sun setting over the Mekong River.
Decenting the mountain your will find yourself in the midst of the famous Luang Prabang Night Market, where you can find a unique selection of handmade textiles and handicrafts locally made by both ethnic Lao and hill tribe people surrounding Luang Prabang.
Overnight in Luang Prabang
Day 2: Pak Ou cave and Kuangsi Water Fall (B)
After breakfast at hotel, we visit the city’s oldest temples, the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roof sweeping low to the ground, representing classical Lao architecture. We board our private boat for a pleasant and scenic cruise up on the Mekong River to the mysterious Pak Ou Caves. These caves are an ancient pilgrimage site and contain thousands of gold lacquered Buddha images left there over hundreds of years.
We also have time to visit Ban Xangkhong, Ban Xienglek, small villages well known for silk weavings and for Saa (jute) Papermaking before driving to the beautiful Khouangsi Waterfall where you can splash around in the turquoise pools or walk along the forest paths (on the way, we visit villages of different minorities Laotian ETHNIC IDENTIFICATION (Ban Quay, Ban Ou). There’s also an opportunity to visit the bear sanctuary nearby, run by Free The Bears Fund Inc.
Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 3: Luang Prabang – Departure (B)
We visit to the Royal Palace Museum, which hosts a range of interesting artifacts and Arts and Ethnology Centre to learn about Laos’ many ethnic cultures. Depending on your flight, you may have time at leisure before you will be transferred to the airport in time for your departing flight.
- Selected accommodation with breakfast in twin share room
- Meals as listed in the itinerary
- Private air-condition transportation
- Boat at the program
- Experience and friendly English-speaking local guide
- Sightseeing and permit fees during guided times
- Service charge and VAT taxes
- Visa stamping fee at the Embassy
- Elephant Trekking
- Domestic flights quote separately
- Int’l air tickets to/from Laos
- Travel Insurance in all kinds
- Other foreign language guide
- Peak tourist season or special event rates
- Child or adult in triple sharing room
- Tip, drinks and other personal expenses
– Travelers are highly recommended to purchase Travel Insurance upon commitment of the booking in case of force majeure. Travel Insurance covers such costs as emergency and medical evacuation, hospital fees, property loss, etc. which could possibly happen during the trip.
– Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
– The itinerary may subject to change depending on weather conditions and the local situation.
– Reservations during peak times such as Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays may be subject to supplementary charges.
– If any proposed service is not available at the time of booking, we will try to find alternative and similar option and minimize changes to the program.
– Domestic flights may subject to change or reschedule before departure date
– Vietnam Travel and Cruise is not responsible for any injury, loss, death, inconvenience, delay or damage to personal property in connection with the provision of any goods or services whether resulting from but not limited to acts of God or force majeure, illness, disease, acts of war, civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, animals, strikes or other labor activities, criminal or terrorist activities of any kind, overbooking or downgrading of services, food poisoning, mechanical or other failure of aircraft or other means of transportation or for failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart on time. Additional expenses incurred due to delays, accidents, natural disaster, political actions and unrest, must be covered by the clients. Vietnam Travel and Cruise will make every effort to recoup any losses from the service providers.
– A Deposit of AUD$300 per person is required upon confirmation of your booking. This deposit is non-refundable.
– The balance is due 30 days prior to departure. If you fail to pay by the due date we reserve the right to cancel your booking and retain your deposit.
– If you make a booking less than 30 days prior to departure, full payment is due within 48 hours.
Cancellation: Any cancellations must be made in witting.
– Cancellation fees apply to all cancelled reservations. The fee is determined by the date written cancellation received by Vietnam Travel and Cruise.
– Cancellation more than 30 days – Loss of deposit
– Cancellation at 30 or less days – 100% of total booking cost
Special conditions: Depending on airlines, hotels, cruises’ cancellation policies, the above conditions may be modified.
Claims and refunds for unused services
No refunds or exchanges can be made in respect of accommodation, meals, sightseeing tours, transport or any other services, which are included in the tour prices but not utilized by the client.