Things you need to get Vietnam e-Visa
Vietnam is fully reopening international tourism and lifting all travel restrictions from March 15. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will coordinate with the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism to complete detailed plans on tourism resumption and devise a policy on visas for foreign tourists.
What’s Vietnam e-Visa?
Vietnam e-Visa is visa types offered by the Vietnam Immigration Department to foreigners entering the country. E-visa holders may remain in Vietnam for a maximum of 30 days after the initial entry date, single entry only and available to nationals of 80 countries.
The e-Visa takes three working days to process, costs 25 USD and you can enter Vietnam on an e-Visa at any of the country’s eight international airports, including Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Danang, as well as 14 land crossings and seven seaports.
How to apply for Vietnam e-Visa?
- Prepare the required materials:
- A passport with six (6) months’ validity;
- A photo in .jpg format of your full passport data page;
- A passport photo in .jpg format (4×6, white background, without glasses);
- Your entry and exit dates and entry and exit points/airports;
- Debit or credit card for payment;
- Select the online form
- For outside Vietnam foreigners, click https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/web/guest/khai-thi-thuc-dien-tu/cap-thi-thuc-dien-tu
- For inviting, guaranteeing authority/organization, click https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/web/guest/dv-bao-lanh
- For airlines, click https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/web/guest/hang-van-tai
- Upload your .jpg images and fill the required fields on the form completely. Submit your form.
- Pay the e-Visa fee. Copy down the document code provided.
- Within three working days you should receive news of your e-Visa application via email. If not, you can also run a search for your e-Visa at this link https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/tra-cuu-ho-so
- Use your document code to locate your e-Visa online. Download and print the e-Visa in two copies for extra safety.
Frequently asked questions
- How long does it take to obtain an e-Visa?
An e-Visa is processed within 03 working days after the Vietnam Immigration Department receives the completed application and full e-Visa fee.
- How can I check my e-Visa result?
To check an e-Visa result, follow these steps:
Step 1: Visit the page: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/tra-cuu-ho-so
Step 2: Provide the required information, including registration code, email and date of birth, to check and print your e-Visa result.
* Note: Registration code must be saved in order to check and print e-Visa and No email will be sent regarding e-Visa results.
- How much is the e-Visa fee?
The current e-Visa fee is 25USD.
- How can I make a payment for my e-Visa
Payment is made via bank account. To make a payment, follow these steps:
Step 1: Choose 1 of the 4 payment methods listed on the web page.
Step 2: Provide the required information and click “Pay” to complete the procedure.
- If my e-Visa is refused or unused, will my payment be refunded?
No. Payments for e-Visa applications are non-refundable.
- Which entry & exit checkpoints allow e-Visa holders to enter and exit Vietnam?
E-Visa holders can enter and exit Vietnam through any checkpoint in 33 international checkpoints.
To check more information, visit Vietnam e-Visa website.